How to find peace after a Divorce or Breakup
Without a question breaking up with someone you love is a catastrophic life event. Even if it was in mutual agreement, a divorce can be something that damages our self esteem and makes us feel a sense of imbalance in our emotions.
Some people can get over a relationship extremely quickly while others take a bit longer to put the pieces of their life back together.
There is no simple recipe to make the pain go away however here are some methods that have worked for many, myself included:
Make a List
Yes, make a list of 100 things you like to do but have not done for a while. My list looked something like this:
- Paint my nails and toes
- Go to the nicest mall in town, buy a cup of coffee and walk around – with no agenda, just because
- Go to a store like Sephora and try out new makeup, scents, you name it. Take samples and keep trying products at home.
- Take my bestie to a spa for a day.
- Try a new cuisine.
- Go to the movies by myself and watch something out of the ordinary for me.
- Check my cell phone directory and call someone I have not talked to in a while
- Join a meeting group like “people that like dogs” or something like this on Meetup
- Clean my closet and drawers and get it the be magazine ready
- Create a new wardrobe
- Start a new business
- Hike in a park I have never been to
- Do something that scares the living daylights out of me, parachuting come to mind but also a super roller coaster
- Start a new meal plan
- If you are married, find an easy way to get a divorce such as Simple Divorce Services in Fort Lauderdale
I hope these ideas help you find balance and see where life will take you going forward.